Via

LITERARY LUNCHEON

Monday 15 November 2010

SoulNite

SoulNite is a tradition the was started in 1989 in Sweden. It is a weekend of fun, good music and good company. I have had a really good time I'm so glad that I went to Stockholm (that is where it is held)
I saw my sister Felicity, who flew in from England for the legendary event, and a lot of friends from Stockholm that I haven't seen for a while so it was really nice to catch up with everyone.
We spent some time at the dance on Friday, but didn't want to get back to late, as we hadn't checked in with our host's yet!
Felicity and I stayed with the family that we both used to nanny for (not at the same time!) It has been 5 years since we saw them! Axel, Harold and Edward have grown up so much - as you can imagine. It is so good to still be in contact with them even if it does make me feel old! ha ha It was also nice to see and chat with Britt:) We stayed up talking with her until 1am catching up on the past 5 years.
We spent the day with them on Saturday, talking some more, shopping and sharing music:) Harold has a musical talent so he and Felicity had fun.
Felcity and I then went to the "main event" - the Saturday night dance, held at "Fryshuset" a night club in Stockholm. They had live performances as well as a DJ that performed at a party for the King of Sweden! There was a lot of dancing, for some people! I danced a bit and had fun, but I spent a lot of the evening talking, which was also fun for me:)
As I used to live in Stockholm my friends there know I can speak Swedish, so I spent a lot more time speaking Swedish this weekend. Most people in Göteborg presume that as I'm from England I can't speak the language so automatically speak English to me. But I found after a while I didn't have to concentrate too much - only when I was really tired! It was fun:)
The testimony meeting on Sunday had 287 people there and there wasn't nearly enough time for everyone to share what they wanted, as usual! It was - despite the distraction of a lot of boys playing games on their mobile phones! a spiritual meeting.
I had a lot of time to reflect on the way home, and I felt overwhelmed by how blessed I am and how happy I am with the way things seem to be going and heading in my life at the moment:)
I am truly grateful to have a knowledge of my Heavenly Father and for His influence in my life and the comfort I get from knowing He loves me and He hears and answers my prayers:)

1 comment:

Phillips Adventures said...

Hi Talitha I just saw on FB you have a blog- sounds like you are having great adventures in Sweden-
I have a blog too- its http://thephiillipspen.blogspot.com
Check it out when you have time :)

Followers