Via

LITERARY LUNCHEON

Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas

For those who don't already know, Christmas is my favourite time of year! I love the magic and excitement of Christmas, I love the lights and decorations, I love being with family and all our many, wonderful traditions, I love listening to and singing Christmas music, I love making and buying Christmas presents and I love wrapping them, I love to see the look on peoples faces as they unwrap them, I love preparing and eating all the delicious foods that come at Christmas time, I love the kindness that seems to come over most people at this time of year- everything about Christmas excites me :)
The reason I love all of these things, is because we are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, the greatest gift of all. What a wonderful gift, in a world that is full of turmoil and uncertainty, how nice it is to have a true friend to rely and depend upon, a Saviour and Redeemer no matter our circumstances. A source of Peace and Comfort, and a perfect example of how we should be towards all around us.
I am so grateful for the birth of Jesus Christ, the greatest gift in my life, from which all blessings and happiness stem. My life is enriched by His teachings, example and sacrifice - how fitting then, to have a time each year to celebrate this amazing event in history and to be reminded of the true wonder and reality of this event.
I hope that this Christmas Season you can make room in your home for The Saviour of the world and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, and continue to make room for Him in your life long after the Christmas decorations have been packed away. I know that your life will also be enriched as you invite Him into your heart, home and family.

"We have great reason to rejoice. If life and its rushed pace and many stresses have made it difficult for you to feel like rejoicing, then perhaps now is a good time to refocus on what matters most. - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Of Things That Matter Most, General Conference, Oct 2010

Merry Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful season xxxx

No comments:

Followers