Via

LITERARY LUNCHEON

Thursday 2 December 2010

Winter

At the beginning of October I was told that winter has properly arrived when you have 5 mornings of frost in a row. I can now say that winter has properly arrived in Göteborg:) We have had snow on the ground for 2 weeks now and average temps of about -10 and I have been loving every minute of it:) Even if it took me about two hours to defrost the other night after we had been ice-skating!
I have been walking out in the snow while listening to "The Partridge Family Christmas Album" and really getting in to the mood of Christmas. I LOVE this time of year, and I feel sorry for the people that don't feel the same excitement or have the same wonderful memories that I have.
I have been to two Christmas markets and enjoyed the sounds, smells and crafts.
The Anderson's (the missionary couple at the Institute Centre) put on a Thanks Giving dinner for the YSA and I helped out and it get me even more excited, thinking about going home and help my Mama with the Christmas baking, or what's left of it, by the time I get back!!!
Only 9 days left now - I can't wait to see you all "I'll be Home for Christmas" :)

2 comments:

Camilla said...

instead of "driving home for christmas" you will be flying home for christmas! :)

Talitha said...

Yes, I get all excited when I hear that song:)

Followers